Flem Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Flem Kingdom

Flem Nation official forum

Remember to check out the most recent patches for Flem Kingdom--Patch 3.4.1 is now out. CRITICAL update to allow new players to create a new game.
Flem Kingdom and Flem nations are both put on hold for a while due to real life issues
I quit RF forevah. It appears I'll be on runescape again. Name will be flem2002, so goodbye equilibriumgaming.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mage X shieldmiller guide

+2
turtle.vanilla
Flem
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Mage X shieldmiller guide Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Flem

Flem
Troll
Troll

This is for anyone to use, as this class is extremely variable. At any point would you find it is not for you, you would be able to switch back to hc, mage or astralist. You could even xclass ranger or AR depending on what you wish to change (for example would you like to switch into a dodge monkey you could head to ranger, or for extreme damage head to AR). Compared to other classes, you can use this class and customise it to your own play style.

There exist 3 types of style for this class:
1-The uber tank
2-The spam skill dps
3-The support/debuffer
Each of these can be combined in any way, and the more you try to maximize all three, the harder the class becomes to play.

DPS: 4-10
PvP: 4-9
Gameplay:6-10
Support: 1-5
Challenge: 1-10
Leveling speed: 1-9
Cost to build: 100 mil - 5 bil (can go higher for speciality gear)
Cost to repot: 50-400 mil per week at most (if your in the front lines tanking XD)
Total profit: 50% of loot obtained

I will split this into 3 parts, one for each style.

The tank
Defense based style play, this is where this class shines in soloing capacities. Where the sm fails to survive, this is the only bellato class that stands a chance at tanking the ennemies (being monsters or players). This class reaches over 80% of the defense that sm obtain using the same gear, and hp that differs by only a few thousands. They combine hp pots with the heal force to heal themselves over 20k per 2 seconds.

Since heal heals by close to 30% of their hp, the more hp these tanks have, the more they can heal, and the less ennemies can drop their hp. Compared with the sm, they cannot sit and wait, or laugh at their ennemies, they must constently heal themselves, combining cure pots when debuffs to decrease healing cooldown, and increase their overall life.

The gear this char should have is at least int +4 gear lvl 50 with a protection int shield 44(50) +4 and a perfect leon hora knife (with preferably 2-4 destruction talic). At this point full hp begginer set is the best option. As soon as they get int+4 lvl 55 gear (and a lvl int 55+4 shield) they will always wear 20/25 att/def rings as this increase by a lot their defense, and will therefore never be changed for anything else. The amulets they will wear can vary between 15% hp/fp and 25% def ones. A wind knife is always essential and if upgraded to +4-5 it can easily be used as the dps weapon (unless you are making a mix of different build).

This style is not made to level up, as you are pretty useless since you have no dps and limited support abilities. In pvp you will only be walking around getting hit and try to help sm in their tanking and pushing (since you can heal and purge). A leon hora staff can always help in certain situation thanks to its decreased cooldown effect for spellz (auto purge).

Summary of gear:
int+4 gear
att/def rings
def and hp amulets
leon knife +3 leech
pi +4 shield
int 55 +4 shield
leon hora staff

The Attacker

This style follows one idea; damage is the way to do it. Not able to hit as hard as pure classes, the mage x sm gets access to the melee elite and expert skillz, as well as the entire array of spells mages use. For that reason, this class can be used to aoe stun mobs and people, and do very long damage spikes (5 elites and 5 expert never ending circle). Compared with other pure dps class, this one does constant dps, with a chance to do spikes in the case of elemental weaknesses. Damage is usually 500-2k less (depends on gear and pots), but as gear gets stronger, you see less difference in the single hit damage spikes, but realize that the constant dps you do ends up hitting a lot more.

Highly gear dependant this style is the most difficult to play of the three. An important fact is that you will need to switch between your melee weapon and your staff every few seconds. You therefore need to be able to stop attacking afte every hit and switch to the other wep in a fraction of the time people usually take, or you wont have good results. The choice of weapons is also very important. A spear would be the worst choice you could do, as it lags a lot and will drive you very mad, especially since you wont hit the top end more then 30% of the time. A mace, sword or axe are all good options, and depending on which you prefer, will decide which you use. Usually a sword is the best choice for the melee wep, but most mage x sm use other melee weps.

A pvp wep or a wind knife (+4-5) is essential to catch up your prey and hit them as they run away, especially he fast runners. A weapon that cast ensnare can be very usefull for this. This style should not be attempted until lvl 55 in this patch, as it would not be really effective (unless equiped with very good gear). Therefore follow the tank guide until lvl 55, once at this lvl you will be getting attack eles (either 20% ones or 25% ones). Always wear 20/25 att/def rings as this increase by a lot the attack, and will therefore never be changed for anything else. A +5 mage staff and +5 melee weapon would be the best for this class, but +4 weps would do the job (not as well though).

Any time you wish to attack something use 23% adrenalin potions, since these will so as if you had a mage and zerg buff (more or less). If needed use bursts or premiums for a boost in damage. Grace and darkness gloves (with at least 5 talics ea) are strongly helpfull and should be used to increase ur effectiveness in pvp. While leveling, if you are against monsters of certain elements, make sure to use elemental weakness on them and spam the basic/expert/elite spellz of the proper element + use the elite of the 2 neutral forces + use ur elite and expert melee skills using a special melee weapon (+2/4 keen+ 1 elemental sword)

Verafice's force guide is quite usefull, and ull learn the differences between the spellz and such: Verafice guide

This build is made to level up very fast if you compare to either the tank and support style. Not recommended to use until you know basic stuff for this class.

int+4 gear lvl 55-65 (melee (prefered for accuracy and def) or force gear (for sligth increase in force range n dps))
+5 grace and darkness gloves
att/def rings
att amulets
pvp wep/ wind knife /shield
int +5 staff
int+5 melee wep
+2/4 keen earth sword lvl 60

The Supporter

My personnal favorite style and the first one i used when i made my char. Initially built upon purely healing and debuffing, this style is able to do a lot more when used to correctly. This style is neither based on dps nor tanking skillz, but more about supporting others in your party and make their life easier. You must first learn with who you are playing, what they lack, what you can bring to increase their abilities, and what you need to ignore. This is partially associated with the class these people use, but also what conditions they are in at that moment.

Gear does not matter for this class and its probably the only mage x sm class that will not focus on defense as being a priority. Your overall goal is to be able to sustain your party members with buffs, heals and debuff the opponents mainly. You will also be utilising something that only this class has, which we will discuss later. Your best friend is the leon staff and the wind +5 crit staff. One is very good at catching people in pvp to cast ensnare and let your team mates catch up and kill it. The other cuts heal cooldown by half and lets you debuff faster! A very important staff can also be used, but requires to become archon for a few minutes to equip it; the nuke staff. This staff is one of the most powerfull weapons for this style, has it allows you to stay protected behing a shield, as well as debuffing and purging people around you during mass pvp event. (In this new patch it should be tested that you can still become archon, equip the staff and lose archon status in the first 24 hours, and the RL could still appoint some1 else to that archon spot (hense letting multiple people equip the staff without actually being archons for long).) neo said it CANNOT be used to purge or debuff anymore Mage X shieldmiller guide Frown

You will be using only the 7 spell buffs and counter attack, which gives you a decent miss rate, and can save you in many cases, but sometimes might be the worse thing to use. The equipment you will be using can be the same as the the other styles, but a mage armor set is the best for the extra force range. The use of hp accessories is also prefered to the def build of the tanker and dpser. You will be looking at int +4 force gear as a minimum for survival after lvl 55, and a leon staff for faster debuffs and instant purges.

Assert's guid to debuffing will show you all u need to learn on debuffs and when/how to use em!: Assert guide

This style can be used from any lvl and is probably the easiest to gather the minimum gear. However this is also the style that requires most experience to master, and is hence the last one most people go towards.

Required gear:
force armor set (+4 if possible, but any will do)
perfect leon staff
wind staff +3-5 chaos (for debuff + stun)
begginer hp set (from vote shop)

The Tri-build type is the ultimate build for the mage x sm. This build incorporates everything from the other builds into a extremely complicated character, that switches gear while dps, supporting and tanking. Experience will determine how good you get.

2Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 pm

turtle.vanilla

turtle.vanilla
Banned for trolling a flem

sir, you just copy pasted,..=D anyway, verafice's guide no longer exist, i think....
here's quartermain's force guide - QM's spell guide

i also found this sir:

Trinity wrote:The Tri-build type is the ultimate build for the mage x sm. This build incorporates everything from the other builds into a extremely complicated character, that switches gear while dps, supporting and tanking. Here I will give the minimum gear needed to be efficient, as well as tips on how to use the class. Please refer to the above section for more detail on each type.

Remember this class is based on a few things:
1-Instinct
2-Knowledge
3-Experience
4-Gear

Special section:
Optimum gear for this class (tri-build type):
note that int+5 parts can be switched with solid int +4 parts (shouldnt affect adp)

Helmet:
You should get a +5 int favor helmet for your level
You can carry around a +4-5 wisdom helmet in case you encounter coras that like to debuff you while your passing them

Shirt:
You should get a +5 int favor shirt for your level

Pants:
You should get a +5 int favor pants for your level

Boots:
You should get a +5 int favor boots for your level

Gloves:
You should get a int +5/6 grace gloves for ur level
You should get a +4/5 darkness gloves for your level
You should get a +5 int favor gloves for your level

Jetpack:
anticrit +3/4 chaos jp
+hp lvl 55 jp (optionnal)

Rings:
20/25 att/def

Amulet:
20% att amulet
25% def amulet
15% hp/fp amulet

Shield:
Protection int lvl 50 +5 favor shield
Intense +5 favor of your lvl

Weapons:
leon hora staff
leon hora knife
pvp wep (with ensare)
+5 staff
+5 melee wep
+5 wind knife
Laboring breath wep (oriul)

3Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Flem

Flem
Troll
Troll

But it waz mine ._. i wrote it all =/

4Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:19 pm

turtle.vanilla

turtle.vanilla

what i meant sir, was you just copied what you wrote...>_<

5Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Flem

Flem
Troll
Troll

turtle.vanilla wrote:what i meant sir, was you just copied what you wrote...>_<

hehe yea =P i waz kinda lazy ._. and it was just to have something to start in here =P

6Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:29 am

turtle.vanilla

turtle.vanilla

i want to try this class, hopefully they make hp accessories available in the game shop

7Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Death

Death
Flem
Flem

not a class for me tbh but maybe ill try it Very Happy

8Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm

turtle.vanilla

turtle.vanilla

Death wrote:not a class for me tbh but maybe ill try it Very Happy

sir, is OP class... Very Happy

9Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 am

Death

Death
Flem
Flem

lol
good to know

10Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:04 pm

FailGod

Admin
Admin

pro.

11Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm

deviruchi

deviruchi
Weakling
Weakling

looks like great

12Mage X shieldmiller guide Empty Re: Mage X shieldmiller guide Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:47 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Funny that all the guides, everything ever written over at rfe has been lost. Meaning the stuff copied over here my hc and magexshieldmiller guides are all thats left.

https://flemnation.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum